MEF: Admission criteria and Application processThe Master is directed to graduate students with a solid undergraduate training in economics and/or quantitative subjects. Specifically:
- Italian applicants must hold a four-year degree or an advanced degree (“laurea specialistica” or “laurea magistrale”), with a final grade of at least 100/110.
- Foreign applicants must hold an equivalent degree: in their case, the grade acceptable for admission is determined by the Master’s admission committee. Both EU nationals and non-EU national who reside in Italy with a regular work or study permit can apply for admission. For non-resident non-EU nationals, admission is subject to existing visa and immigration regulations.
Admission ProcedureThe admission procedure requires applicants to file a preliminary application and a formal application (subject to admission at the preliminary stage).
Interested candidates are invited to fill the online preliminary application form by the deadline and enclose the following mandatory documents:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Signed and sealed reference letter by a professor from the applicant’s university;
- Official transcript of his/her undergraduate degree, displaying the overall grade (if applicable), the list of exams taken and their grades. All foreign students must attach a "dichiarazione di valore" which is a document issued by the Italian consular authorities as a recognition of academic qualifications. If the applicant has not yet graduated, he/she must send a statement that the official transcript and its translation will be provided by October 30th 2021;
- Certificate of good working knowledge of written and spoken English (TOEFL, First Cambridge Certificate, Proficiency in English, IELTS or equivalent). If students have not yet obtained a language certification they can attach a personal letter stating they are able to follow a master course taught exclusively in English and they would be willing to be contacted for an interview.
2. Formal Application
Candidates, subject to admission at the preliminary stage, must send a formal application (enclosing all required documents) to:Magnifico Rettore dell'Università degli studi di Napoli Federico II
Ufficio Scuole di specializzazione e Master
Via Mezzocannone, 16 - 80134 Napoli.
On the top left corner of the envelope please write:
"Concorso pubblico per titoli per l'ammissione al corso di Master di II livello in Economics and Finance afferente alla Facoltà di Economia - INOLTRO URGENTE".
Applications starting from 25 February 2021.Preliminary Application deadline:
- 30 June 2021 (for non EU students)
- 28 July 2021 (for Italian and EU students)
Fees and Financial Support
The registration fee for the Master amounts to €3.000,00 (plus € 140,00 for regional taxes and € 14,62 for stamp duty).
MEF offers scholarships up to €6.000,00 funded by Compagnia di San Paolo, with priority for foreign students. Monetary prizes are awarded to the best students at the end of the master.