MEF: Admission criteria and Application processThe Master is directed to graduate students with a solid undergraduate training in economics and/or quantitative subjects. Specifically:
- Italian applicants must hold a four-year degree or an advanced degree (“laurea specialistica” or “laurea magistrale”).
- Foreign applicants must hold an equivalent degree: in their case, the grade acceptable for admission is determined by the Master’s admission committee. Both EU nationals and non-EU national who reside in Italy with a regular work or study permit can apply for admission. For non-resident non-EU nationals, admission is subject to existing visa and immigration regulations.
The admission procedure requires applicants to file a preliminary application and a formal application (subject to admission at the preliminary stage).
1. Preliminary ApplicationInterested candidates are invited to fill out the online preliminary application form by the deadline and attach the following mandatory documents:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Signed and sealed reference letter by a professor from the applicant’s university;
- Official transcript of his/her undergraduate degree, displaying the overall grade (if applicable), the list of exams taken and their grades;
- Certificate of good working knowledge of written and spoken English (TOEFL, First Cambridge Certificate, Proficiency in English, IELTS or equivalent). If students have not yet obtained a language certification they can attach a personal letter stating they are able to follow a master course taught exclusively in English and they would be willing to be contacted for an interview.
Applications starting from January 2023.Preliminary Application deadline:
- 30 June 2023 (for non EU students)
- 28 July 2023 (for Italian and EU students)
Fees and Financial Support
The registration fee for the Master amounts to €3.000,00 (plus € 140,00 for regional taxes and € 14,62 for stamp duty).
MEF offers scholarships up to €6.000,00 funded by Compagnia di San Paolo, with priority for foreign students. Monetary prizes are awarded to the best students at the end of the master.