Lilli Basile Prize
The award is dedicated to the memory of Prof. Lilli Basile, who died prematurely on 2 January 2007. For over thirty years Lilli Basile has carried out her teaching and research activity with great passion and professionalism at the Faculty of Economics of the University of Naples Federico II, appreciated by students for her helpfulness and dedication. Her academic career has been characterized by intense relationships with the international research.
The prize is intended for a female student who has shown passion and ability in economic studies and wishes to give an international dimension to her education. It consists in contributing to the frequency of university courses in economic subjects offered by a high quality foreign institution (for example in the context of a Summer School).
The winner will be reimbursed for travel expenses, accommodation and registration up to a maximum of € 2.500,00. The award is funded by a promoter committee, made up of Italian foreign colleagues and friends of Lilli Basile.
- Bachelor's degree, with a grade of at least 100/110
- Enrollment in a Master's Degree in Economics and / or Finance at the Department of Economics and Statistics (DISES) of the University of Naples Federico II
- An application including the details of the course that you want to attend and student's personal data (name, surname, place of birth, student registration number, address, e-mail, telephone number);
- the bachelor's degree thesis (if available);
- official transcript of the undergraduate degree, displaying the overall grade (if applicable), the list of exams taken and their grades;
- transcript of master's degree, displaying the list of exams already taken and their grades;
- reccomendation letter by a professor.
The Application (enclosing all required documents) must be sent no later than April 5th, 2019, by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt or by direct delivery to:
DISES Secretariat - c / o Mrs. Amalia De Lucia - University of Naples Federico II, Via Cintia - 80126 Naples (IT)
In the case of direct delivery, the candidate must receive a receipt.
The selection will be based on:
- the grades obtained in the bachelor and / or master's degree course;
- the final dissertation and / or the reccomendation letter;
- the quality of the chosen course to be financed with the prize;
- an interview reserved for the most promising candidates.
Past Editions Winners of the Lilli Basile Prize
2008: Maria Giovanna Cattaneo, Annalisa Scognamiglio
2009: Chiara Cariddi
2010: Iolanda Barone
2011: Alessia Marrazzo
2012: Maria Carannante, Silvia Granato
2013: Diana de Pisapia
2014: Rosa Antonelli
2015: Elisa Scarinzi
2016: Fiorella Pocobelli e Martina Simeone
2017: Maurizia Menichini
2018: Antonia Pacelli, Alice Sodano e Fulvia Budillon